Any employee or member of the public who has knowledge or aware of any improper conduct (misconduct or criminal offence) committed or about to be committed within PI Brilliant Berhad is encouraged to make disclosure by following the procedures as stated in this document.
Whistleblower can make disclosure to either of these channels:
Disclosure of Identity
In order to enable the Company to accord the Whistleblower with the necessary protection under the Policy and also to obtain more details pertaining to the disclosure, the Whistle blower is required to disclose his/her personal details as follows:-
- Contact Details (Office/Mobile/Home)
- NRIC No.:
Scope of Reporting
Any improper conduct (misconduct or criminal offence) including but NOT limited to the following:-
- Abuse of Power
- Conflict of Interest
- Theft or embezzlement
- Misuse of Company’s Property
- Non Compliance to Procedure
Only genuine concerns should be disclosed. The Whistleblower is responsible to ensure that the disclosure is made in good faith and free from any malicious intent. In addition, any disclosure which is found to be frivolous or vexatious will not be entertained.
If the investigation later revealed that the disclosure was made with malicious intent, appropriate action can be taken against the Whistle blower.
Content of the Disclosure
Any disclosure made herein should contain the following information:-
- Details of the person(s) involved
- Details of the allegation
- Nature of the allegation;
- Where and when the alleged misconduct/wrongdoing took place;
- Other relevant information; and
- Any supporting evidence if available
Protection Accorded to the Whistle blower
A Whistle blower will be accorded with protection under the Policy provided that the disclosure is made in good faith. Such protection is accorded even if the investigation later reveals that the Whistle blower is mistaken as to the facts and the rules and procedures involved.
The protection to the Whistleblower can be revoked under the following circumstances, among others:-
- The Whistleblower participated in the improper conduct;
- The Whistleblower willfully discloses a false statement;
- The disclosure is made with malicious intent; or
- The disclosure is frivolous or vexatious